Police investigating the murder of a man who was killed in a gun and grenade attack have released CCTV footage of two men who can be seen hurling an explosive at a house.
David Short's body was found when police responded to reports of gunfire at an address in Folkestone Road East, Clayton, Manchester, at around 10.30am on Friday. A grenade had also exploded at the address.
Mr Short, 46, died from multiple gunshot wounds and a blast injury.
Nine minutes later police received reports that shots had been fired at a second property, in Luke Road, Droylsden, where detectives said there was also a grenade blast. Nobody was injured in the second incident but police obtained CCTV footage from that attack.
Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan said: "Over the past three days, an intensive police operation has been under way to identify those involved in these violent attacks, which have left one man dead. Armed officers have also been patrolling in the Clayton and Droylsden areas. Today, we have issued CCTV footage which shows two men outside the house on Luke Road as the grenade is thrown.
"People will no doubt be concerned when they see this footage, which shows weapons normally reserved for warfare being used in a residential street in Manchester."
He added: "The CCTV shows just what these men are capable of and, whilst we do not believe these attacks were random, clearly we should be thankful that there was no one passing by at the time they took place, as even more people could have been seriously injured or killed."
Greater Manchester Police have also named a second man they would like to speak to in connection with two attacks on Friday as 33-year-old Anthony Wilkinson from the Beswick area of Manchester.
On Friday, police named 29-year-old Dale Cregan as a man they wanted to question following the two attacks earlier that day. Cregan, who has one eye, is also wanted in connection with the murder of Mark Short, David's son, at the Cotton Tree Pub on May 25, 2012.
Mr Shewan said: "We have now named two men that we want to speak to in connection with Friday's attacks and are urging any members of the public that have seen them since Friday morning, or who know where they are now, to contact us immediately. Please do not try and approach these men, but call the police on 999."