The horsemeat scandal has taken another unexpected turn.
Ikea has withdrawn meatballs for sale in much of Europe after Czech inspectors found traces of horsemeat in a batch manufactured in Sweden. Czech officials said horse was found in "beef and pork" meatballs in the UK, Netherlands, Portugal and others.
It hasn't taken long for the news to prompt a fresh batch of horsemeat jokes on Twitter.
Here are 10 of the best:
1. Horse in Ikea meatballs? They will be finding wood in the furniture next (from a number of tweeters, including @MirrorJames)
2. So there is horse in Ikea meatballs. The burning question remains... what the hell is in that loganberry sauce? (@Chitgrrl)
3. I bet the Swedish Horse Mafia are behind this. (@adrianlui)
4. Ikea meatballs - now known as the norse horse course. @paullewismoney)
5. Horsemeat discovered in Ikea meatballs. If you buy enough of them, you can self-assemble a horse (@michaelhogan)
6. Is Ikea going to issue a statement about horseballs or do we have to assemble it ourselves? (@paulosullivano)
7. Should have seen this Ikea news coming when, after ordering, I had to make my own meatballs out of a dead horse (@AstrosCounty)
8. Footage is released from hidden cameras in Ikea's Corporate Kitchen: pic.twitter.com/Q6ggoi8beq (@LilythePurr)
9. You should have known something was up at Ikea when they released the BÅRBARO kitchen table (@MarkHasty)
10. Thanks Ikea for giving us another go with the ones we forgot to do last time (@Bacony_ghost)